Trusted Legal Experience
Frenette & Associates, P.C. provides a wide range of professional legal services. Working with clients throughout Brockton, MA, and surrounding areas, our services are backed by years of experience and a track record of success. We are your trusted elder law attorneys. From elder care law and estate planning to real estate law and business law, we are dedicated to putting our expertise to work and assisting you every step of the way.
Medicaid Planning and Elder Law
At Frenette & Associates, P.C., our goal is to protect older citizens and their assets. When nursing care becomes necessary, we can help maximize the legally available options for the transfer of assets to loved ones. Let elder law Attorney Frenette be your navigator through the elder care process. He has been a member of both NAELA and MNAELA for several years.
The rules for qualifying seniors for Medicaid coverage are constantly changing and subject to the rulings of administrative agencies. Attorney Frenette has over 25 years of experience in crafting Medicaid plans that meet the requirements of these agencies.
We provide legal guidance in:
- Preparing, filing and updating the Medicaid/MassHealth Applications and all required ancillary documents until a qualification is obtained
- Representing you before MassHealth at required hearings and any other representation needed before and after qualification
- Incorporating the Medicaid Plan into the client’s overall estate plan
- Continuing to represent the institutionalized client for the remainder of their lives to retain MassHealth coverage
Estate Planning, Trust & Probate
You may be subject to a variety of taxes at the end of your life. You need competent legal advice in order to preserve what’s left for your loved ones. This is where Frenette & Associates comes in to protect you from having too much taxation imposed on assets that could otherwise be passed down through generations with minimal tax burden.
Since inheritance can be subject to a variety of federal and state, estate, and income taxes, you need competent advice to preserve the value of your assets. This may involve gifts, trusts, powers of attorney and wills.
Things such as gifts or trusts can help protect financial assets from being dissipated by taxation after death. Call or email us today so we can discuss this further and make sure your loved ones are set up and taken care of after you pass.
Estate Administration & Probate
Additional Legal Services
- Trusts & Wills (including by-pass credit shelter trusts)
- Health Care Proxies & Powers of Attorney
- Asset Protection
- Charitable Trusts, GRITS, GRATS, & CRT’s
- Appreciated Assets
- Special Needs Trust & Supplemental Needs Trusts
- Irrevocable Trusts
Real Estate Law
With years experience, Frenette & Associates, P.C. can handle complex real estate transactions. Our clients include purchasers, sellers, developers, commercial and residential lenders, and government units. Our firm has a long history of representing several local banks and credit unions in the Brockton area, as well as borrowers in real estate loans, limited partnership, LLC’s and real estate trusts.
We provide experienced representation for the following:
- Commercial Real Estate
- Real Estate Property & Construction Law
- Residential & Commercial Closings
- Leases & Landlord/Tenant Problems
- Property Acquisition & Sale
- Advising Lenders & Borrowers
- Mortgage Loans
- Condominium Development & Operation
- Planned Unit Developments & Subdivisions
- Title Insurance
- Affordable Housing Development (Ch. 40B)
Corporate and Business Law
Frenette & Associates, P.C. represents a wide array of business clients, including industrial and service firms, manufacturers, banks and other commercial lenders, transportation and construction companies, and real estate developers. In addition, we represent the interest of numerous non-profit clients, including human service and health care providers, educational institutions, and charitable and civic organizations.
We advise our clients on:
- Business formations
Limited Liability Companies (LLC’s)
Limited Liability Partnerships (LLP’s)
Massachusetts Business Trusts
- Startups, mergers, re-organizations, and liquidations
- Acquisitions and divestitures of businesses in the financing of acquisitions
- Commercial loan transactions
Revolving credit lines
Letters of credit
- Joint venture and partnership agreements
- Buying and selling of businesses
Employment and option arrangements
- Successorship of closely-held companies
- Commercial agreements
- Executive employment contracts
- Employee terminations & layoffs